My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Sunday, September 25, 2022

Sevilla 25 September 2022

 

A Goya in the cathedral 
Cathedral organ
Cathedral 
Alcazar garden
Moorish influence in the Alcazar

Lots of New World gold in the Magdalena church
Murillo in the Museo
Zurburan in the Museo

It was my day to be a tourist among the throngs here in Sevillla. I started with the Museo de Bellas Artes, which has the second largest collection of Spanish paintings (behind the Prado). Heavy on the locals Zurburan and Murillo, only one El Greco. Then the Magdalena church. After a lunch stop, on to visit the Real Alcazar, which started life as a Moorish fortress and ended up being the Sevilla residence of the Spanish royalty. Last was the cathedral, which was really huge and hard to take in all the art there. I'll hit the road again tomorrow, walking the Via de la Plata.

No comments:

Post a Comment