My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Castilblanco de los Arroyos 27 September 2022

 

View of Castilblanco from the albergue terrace
Tuna croquetas for lunch
Middle part was nice forest of scrubby oak 

Sun coming out over wheat field
First part was olives and oranges

Today's walk normally would have been easy at twelve miles, but it was all a gentle uphill with a final elevation gain if about 1000 feet. Still I arrived at the albergue by 12:30 am, to be informed by the hospitalera that opening time was 1 pm. I walked to the town center and had a menu del diá with two other pilgrims. 

No comments:

Post a Comment