My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Thursday, September 29, 2022

El Real de la Jara 29 September 2022








Today seems to be animal day with encounters with goats, acorn eating pigs, horses, and dogs. The walk was short at ten miles but steep up and down over the mountains of oaks. It reminded me a lot of the oak woodland of the Cache Creek wilderness area. The land wasn't suitable for cultivation, but there were several animal raising operations and a lot of gated pastures to walk through. I got into the private albergue at 10:30 am, so I will have the rest of the day as a rest day.

No comments:

Post a Comment