My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Thursday, September 22, 2022

Chinchilla de Monte Aragon 22 September 2022

 I started earlier this morning, about 7:15 after returning the key and a having a café con leche at the local bar. It was still dark until 8 am but, no problem, as the first few miles were along the paved rural road. Soon the camino path left the pavement and the rest of the day's 17.6 miles were on gravel and dirt farm roads. Not a single car, truck, or tractor passed me unti right at the end of the walk, an older man stopped and asked if i wanted some of the figs he just picked. He wanted to give me a whole handful, but i just took one and it was deliciously ripe.

Due to the early start, I was able to end the walk right around 1 pm (just under six hours of walking). It was the most distance walked this camino, but my body is beginning to get back in shape, so it was no problem.

Right now I'm writing up my post in the small but more than adequate air condioned room in this truck stop hostal/restaurant.


Early morning walk

Garbanzos with turkey, potatoes and saffron 

Where I'm staying, room and restaurant 

No comments:

Post a Comment