My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Friday, September 16, 2022

Carcaixent 16 September 2022

It ended up being 14 miles today, but my legs and feet are doing a bit better. Shoulders are hurting more from the pack straps, partly as a result, I guess, of too much hammering from my builder days. About half of the route was rural, mostly oranges and persimmons, no rice as we are getting to a higher and less flat area. I am wondering where they sell all those persimmons, there are sure a lot of them. I arrived at the casa rural about 1:30 and got a recommendation from my hosts for a good midday meal restaurant.

Now that I am back in my room, I think I'm in a food coma. Four courses plus dessert and coffee for 12.50€. I like the everyday people towns that are off the tourist paths. If you look where the locals are filling the dining room, they are usually the best value. Of course, I took pictures.


Irrigated oranges

A city plaza on my mid walk rest stop
First course was Cesar salad, second was a cheese empanada with blueberry sauce
see mom
Third was chicken with mustard sauce
Next was a huge duck and vegetable paella. I could only eat half of it.
And if course Spanish Piel de sapo melon for dessert 

The comedor was not fancy but it was full 

No comments:

Post a Comment