My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Valencia 17 September 2019

After 24 hours of traveling and about fours hour of sleep on the airplane over the Atlantic, I arrived in Valencia about 5 pm today. Since I took everything that I’ll need for the next month as a carry on in my backpack, I was able to go right to the basement level at the airport, buy a subway ticket, and be on my way to downtown Valencia in a few minutes. I got off at the train station and it was a four block walk to the pensión that I will be staying.
Yolo pizza in Valencia?

Slicing ham in the grocery store

I found some of the good Spanish melon and a Verdejo to go with it.


Roast beef, paella, ensalada mixta, croquetas, , and more




Town hall

Post office


After a shower, I took a walk around to buy some groceries and to check pout the buffet next to the grocery store. I went back there to eat later, since being on Spanish time, it did not open until 8 pm. I stuffed myself on seafood paella, croquetas, fish, ensalada mixta, flan, and the biggest surprise (since I tend to avoid beef), a marinated roast beef that was surprisingly tender and flavorful. I realize how much I’ve missed that good Spanish food!

No comments:

Post a Comment