My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Friday, September 20, 2019

Buñol 20 September 2019

Today ended up being a long walk of 33km or 21 miles. It worked out that way because of the distances between towns. It was cool and cloudy all, which helped. At least tomorrow will be a walk half as long, so I should be able to rest up then. Because of the recent rains, water is flowing over some of the low lying trails. The fist time I thought I could make it through and ended up with soaked shoes and socks. So I took a photo of the second crossing with my second pair of semi dry socks and my shoes off before I went over. This afternoon two maintenance workers flagged me down outside of the large factory where they worked. We had an interesting conversation as they were curious if I was walking and where. One of them was Columbian, the other Ecuadorian. Afterwards. I wished I had gotten a photo of us three.


Shoes and socks off to wade through

Late morning tortilla snack


Old town Buñol

No comments:

Post a Comment