My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Friday, September 27, 2019

Fuenterobles 23 September 2019




My goal today was a simple 19 km (11 mile walk) to Cuadete de las Fuentes and get a room at one of the restaurant/hostals in the city.Turns out that restaurant no longer rents rooms. I checked out the two casa rural and neither of them were opened. After checking at the mayor’s office, they could not help. I went to the other restaurant and had a meal, then considered my options. I went back to the abandoned housing project at the edge of town, but decided that was too creepy. Finally, I decided at 5 pm to leave for the next town Fuenterobles another 9 km away, where there was a casa rural that turned out to be nonexistent. With no other options, I went just outside of town and found a mature olive orchard where I made my campsite for the night.. To be continued.

Abandoned housing project

Street art with an old mill wheel



No comments:

Post a Comment