My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Friday, September 27, 2019

25 September 2019 Campillo de Altobuey



I am now on the Ruta de la Lana. The waymarking was not very good in Granja, so I had to ask two times for the correct path. Once out of the town, though, I found the yellow arrows with ease and it was all on farm roads, with nary a soul in site, except one vineyard where they were harvesting grapes. I ended up walking about 24 km or 15 miles.Guidebook said to check in at the mayor's office for a place in the Polideportivo (no other accomodations in the village). I did so and he called the person in charge, who was waiting by the time I walked over there.  Got all checked in, bought some groceries, and went to one of the two town restaurants on the main plaza. Food was terrible and not worth it. I did walk back to the grocery after it reopened at 6 pm, may need more food for tomorrow as there will be another small town with questionable services.






No comments:

Post a Comment