My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Friday, September 27, 2019

Graja de Iniesta 24 September 2019


Well, I woke up early at my campsite and could not get back to sleep, so I packed up and took off walking in the dark. The next two stops on the Camino Requena looked even less promising that what I’ve experienced so far, so I decided to leave that Camino and make my way independently over the next two days to the Ruta de la Lana, going along the  N-III highway in hopes of better chances of finding accommodations. In Spain, it seems like a lot people running restaurants or accommodations like to take a few weeks off in September or October to take their own vacations. That was the case in the first town I walked into this morning, Villagordo, where the only hotel was closed. I did not mind so much, since it was only 9 am. I walked on to the town of Minglanilla. Frustration as the only accommodation there is closed every Tuesday so its workers can rest. I walked to the mayor’s office, where the three women running it went all out of their way to find something. The albergue that was closed for repairs did not want to open just for me.  Possibility of a room  above the farmacia did not turn out either. Finally they found that the next town down the highway, had an restaurant/hostal with rooms. Seven km away and I  had already walked 33 km or about 22 miles. So they took pity on me and had a city worker drive me there. It was really great not to have to camp out again, to be able to have a good midday meal, to shower, and to wash all my clothes. The only problem is the internet does not seem to be able to connect to my devices, so it may cause a delays in posting. I am looking  to have a good night’s sleep tonight!

The reservoir

Marching from Valencia Province into Castilla La Mancha

A nice ensalada mixta

Dorada Plancha

Running to keep up with the patrons

No comments:

Post a Comment