My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Saturday, September 28, 2019

Fuentes 27 September 2019

A delightful day of walking on gravelled tracks through the mountains of mostly pine and oak forests of Castilla-La Mancha. I walked the entire day without a vehicle passing by me until about a kilometer before I arrived in Fuentes. 25 km today or about 15 miles. i arrived in the town and had to decide between the single bunk in the albergue at the church or one  of three choices for hostals or pensiones. I decided to go for the pension that has a bar and restaurante and am happy with the choice. The room is only 15 euro and is very nice and private. I had the menu diario after a shower and clothes washing. It was fun watching the grandpa and grandma owners who were taking care of their grandsons, both boys about the ages of Carson and Trevor. Active boys, but well behaved. Makes me miss my nietos. There is wifi down in the bar, so i hope to get all caught up with my postings. Due to a variety of coincidences, I have had no wifi for the past four days.

Steep climb out of Monteaguado



A bit bleaker up on top


I happened to be in the right place to catch the high speed AVE (Alta Velocidad España) train whooshing by at 100 mph, at least 30 times faster than I'm walking


Henry and Carson would have liked this dinosaur event

Los Cazadores (The Hunters) where I stayed


Card players in the bar, with a hot game going

No comments:

Post a Comment