My Camino Route in 2024

My Camino Route in 2024
This year (2024), I will be walking my my eleventh camino, this time with my grandson, Henry on the Camino Invierno.

Monday, June 17, 2024

Rodeiro 17 June 2024

 It was about 13 1/2 miles to Rodeiro today. The official Camino route was 16 miles, but Google maps showed an alternate that was shorter and was still off main roadways and out in the rural areas. Most people think of Spain as hot and dry with white stucco and red tile roofs. This area is in northwest Spain and receives a lot of rainy and cool weather very similar to northwest Washington State, hence lush wildflowers and abundant ferns in pine forests. It threatened rain all day today, but we were lucky that it only started pouring after we were in our hostal for the day.

Steak and some delicious chorizo sausages 
Typical midday lunch scene in non-touristic Spain
We both had ensalada mixta 





Street art in Chantada, Don Quixote in the right, not sure about the other

No comments:

Post a Comment