My Camino Route in 2024

My Camino Route in 2024
This year (2024), I will be walking my my eleventh camino, this time with my grandson, Henry on the Camino Invierno.

Thursday, June 20, 2024

A Susana 20 June 2024

 Today was our last long walk at 14.5 miles. A lot of elevation loss then gain as we went down the Rio Ulla valley to cross the river and up the other side. We are along the N 525 highway in a nice Albergue tonight and with a short 6 mile, 2 hour walk tomorrow to our final goal of the pilgrimage end at the cathedral in Santiago.

How old is this tree
Interesting pilgrim mementos left at this area de descanso (rest area)

Sawmill
Henry found a friendly cat

Ferns for the fern fans
Ancient bridge over the Rio Ulla. In the background is the AVE (Alta Velocidad España) high speed rail. Why can Spain connect the whole country and the USA can't complete a single line?

Henry is enjoying watching the European Cup soccer games. This one is the Slovenia-Serbia game. Go Slovenia!

No comments:

Post a Comment