My Camino Route in 2024

My Camino Route in 2024
This year (2024), I will be walking my my eleventh camino, this time with my grandson, Henry on the Camino Invierno.

Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Bandeira 19 June 2024

 Henry and I walked 13 miles today to the small city of Bandeira. Only 20 miles and 1 1/2 walking days to Santiago de Compostela. Today's walk was mostly on rural or forested tracks, but with several highway and freeway over crossings .

Nice path through an industrial park outside of Lalin 
We were prepared for rain but it held off until our walk was done
Wet weather is loved by the slugs

Water was sty flowing down this path, but well placed rocks helped.


My first was caldo gallego, the iconic soup of the area. It had chicken, chorizo, potatoes, onions, kale, and paprika. I would have added some white beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment