My Camino Route in 2024

My Camino Route in 2024
This year (2024), I will be walking my my eleventh camino, this time with my grandson, Henry on the Camino Invierno.

Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Lalin 18 June 2024

 Rain! We knew it was a possibility and it started pouring about half an hour into our walk this morning. It was miserable and lasted about an hour before letting up for awhile, only to pour for another hour at the end of our 12 mile walk to Lalin. I told Henry that you never know what you can accomplish until you try it. We tried and we did it. He never complained, just kept on walking through it. Our hostal is on the way out of Lalin, so we did our grocery shopping and had a nice menu del diá before walking  on and checking in.

We decided to take a two mile shorter route along the highway due to the rain. We had a paved path separated from the highway that made it easier and safer.
Corn

Afternoon rain

Henry's chicken noodle soup

I had a garbanzo soup with what may have been neckbones
Henry's churrasco (steak with chorizo) He gave me the chorizo since he doesn't eat pork.

We got a piel de sapo melón at the grocery to eat later tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment