My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Madrid 10 October 2022

 


The street in Madrid where I'm staying 
Waiting in the Caceres train station 
A last dinner together with my walking friends, Luis and Veronica from Mexico, Jerome from France, and Don from Canada 

It was a nice 3 hour train ride to Madrid, arriving at 11:45 am at the Atocha station and walking to and checking into my hostal. The lesser known of the big three art museums, the Thyssen-Bornemisza had free entry this afternoon so I took advantage of that. They had a special exhibit of their American art and the range of artists was impressive (their permanent collection is impressive, too). This evening the Prado had free entry so I also went there briefly to see my favorites, Bosch, Velasquez, Goya, snd El Greco.

1 comment: