My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Torremejia 4 October

Machine harvesting grapes that are trellised but not irrigated.

They are hauled to the local cooperative winery in these wagons.

Gazpacho with tomato, cucumber, hard boiled egg, ham, and green onion.
The comedor is workingman's Spain. Definitely not tourist Spain
They were out of the tuna, so I had a very good grilled chicken breast. The 2/3 bottle of local red wine with agua gaseosa was a treat,too. All for ten euro.
And, of course, melón for dessert


It was grape harvesting day today as i walked through a wild rolling valley of mostly grapes with some olives and a little bit of wheat. It was a long walk at just over 17 miles, but the path was mostly straight on gravel roads and fisirly level so I made good time.

I lucked into a very good menú diario in Torremejia today. I'm still in a food coma.

No comments:

Post a Comment