My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Friday, October 7, 2022

Alcuesar 7 October

 


Courtyard of the convent 
Donkey or mule cleaning up
The VP markers denote that we are on the original Roman road of the Via de la Plata 
Catching up to Don from Canada and Luis from Mexico who left the albergue earlier than I did

Twelve miles today of mostly gradual uphill with a net elevation gain of 750 feet. The walk was mostly through a parque natural, with lots of big boulders and oak trees on a gravelled track. We ended up in another sleepy little town, and this time in an albergue on the edge of town in a convent, Los Esclavos de Maria del Pobre (The Slaves of Mary for the Poor). It is a nice place, but no kitchen, so I guess I'll be eating my lentejas (lentils) and tortilla cold tonight. At least the showers were hot. Yesterday, they "forgot" to turn on the water heater, so we all had cold showers. Counting down now, two more walking days.

No comments:

Post a Comment