My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Merida 5 October 2022

Puente Romana
Looking toward Puente Lusitania 
Waiting for the albergue to open
Roman amphitheater 

Temple of Diana

Thank goodness for the shorter nine mile walk today as I wasn't completely recovered from yesterday's longer walk. Merida was an important Roman town. The bridge across the Rió Guadiana is supposed to be the longest remaining Roman bridge. After checking into the albergue and having midday meal, I played tourist and viewed the Roman theater, amphitheater, and temple of Diana. 

No comments:

Post a Comment