My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Sunday, October 9, 2022

Caceres 9 October 2022


On the way to Caceres
Plaza Mayor 
Old part of the city


I visited this museum that had a display of prints by Picasso, Miro, and Dalí


 

A fourteen mile walk brought me in Caceres shortly before noon. I can now say that I have completed the entire Via de la Plata from Sevilla to Astorga in three different stages. I checked into the pension that i had reserved, drained my Playpus drinking water pouch, folded up my trekking poles, and switched from being a walking pilgrim to being a walking tourist. 

Caceres is the biggest city in Extremedura and has a long and rich past from Roman towns and a well preserved old city to show it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment