My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Villafranco de los Barros 3 October

 

Artichoke hearts with ham and lots of garlic and olive oil
How old is this olive tree?

Harvesting grapes 

A relatively easy walk of twelve miles today. Since there were no openings in the albergues due to reduced capacity because of Covid, Luis from Mexico called around and made reservations for him and his wife, Don from Canada, and me at a truck stop hostal/restaurante on the N-630 national highway here in Villafranco de los Barros. Those three are going to take a bus to Merida tomorrow but I will continue to walk and get there two days from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment