My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Thursday, September 28, 2017

Tembleque 28 September

First, some more photos from the wonderful stay at last night's Casa Rural. Our hosts were great!

It was a long (30 km or 18 miles) and hot (90 degrees?) walk today. There were a few hills today, more tomorrow. Much of the walking was beside the carretera but at least it was on a graveled service road that made it a bit easier and safer. I am here in Tembleque tonight, a dusty town on the autopista between Madrid and Andalucia. I am staying in a hotel along that roadway, comfortable but nondescript. I also had a non descript menu del dia (gazpacho and merluza) at a nearby restaurant. I am resting now and will go on a walk to see the church and the rest of the town when it cools off.


Inside the Casa Rural


We had dinner on the host's private indoor patio. Jean from France, Rita from Germany, our host, Juan with his dog. The barbecue is going in the background.


First course pasta with tuna


Second course was salad with lots of tomatoes. Third course was grilled ham and pork chops. 


Juan picking some pears from his courtyard tree. They were delicious. 


A big breakfast to send us on our way, plus a peach and an orange for the trail. 


Some hills with wind generators 


Walking into Tembleque

No comments:

Post a Comment