My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Saturday, September 23, 2017

La Roda 23 September

Today's walk of twelve miles was through relatively flat farm country. I'll let the photos speak for themselves. The municipal albergue here in La Roda is in an interesting place- the Plaza de Toros or bullfighting ring. The albergue itself is in the infirmary.


Sorry for the squint in this selfie-the sun was in my eyes!



Finally, a real Camino sign


A cool morning breeze, the sun at my back, and miles to walk today!


A nice field of irrigated alfalfa


A rest stop under an oak tree 




Irrigation canal


Tractor cultivating  a young olive orchard


The albergue that is also an infirmary


The bullfighting ring

No comments:

Post a Comment