My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Saturday, September 16, 2017

Leaving soon for my next Camino

It's September and I will be leaving soon for another Camino in Spain. I will fly to Madrid, arriving on September 21 for my seventh Camino since 2009. This time I plan to walk about 350 or more  miles. I plan to walk most of the Camino Levante, starting southeast of Madrid in Albacete in the plains of La Mancha.  I will walk through Toledo and Avila on the way to Zamora, the end point of the Levante. Unless my plans change, I don't think I will be in Santiago de Compostela this year.

I have been preparing by doing a lot of walking around Woodland on the levees of Cache Creek, Yolo Bypass, Ridge Cut Slough, and Sacramento River.

I will try to post daily on my walk, but may miss a day here and there when I can not find internet access. For those who already follow my blog, you should continue to receive an email each time I post. For those who are not yet following my blog, it is easy to do so. Just enter your email at the "Follow by Email" link on the main page of this blog. You will receive an email notification each time I post and, don't worry, you will not be added to anyone's spam marketing list or receive any other kind of advertising. If you want to comment on any of my posts, please feel free to do so.

Finally, I would like to thank in advance the person who makes this all possible, my loving wife, Kathy. She continues to work at her job plus take care of my my business while I am gone, in order for me to be able pursue my passion for walking long distances day after day.

1 comment:

  1. I was surprised and delighted when your blog update showed up. I love following you around Spain. I'll be in Madrid myself in November! I'm your wife's friend, Near Philadelphia.

    ReplyDelete