My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Monday, September 25, 2017

Las Pedroñeras 25 September

The walk today was a bit easier because it was shorter at about 15 miles (24 km). The nice thing about this Camino (at least so far) is that is on almost entirely unpaved farm roads, very little on asphalt or concrete. Weather has been clear and cool in the mornings and up to the mid 80's by the afternoon. After getting to Las Pedroneras, I managed to find the Casa Parroquial, which is supposed to house the albergue. No one answered either the door or the two phone numbers. After waiting thirty minutes more, I gave up and walked to the carretera to get a room in a roadside hotel with a restaurant from which I had the menu del dia.

What in the world are these large clay containers?


Drying onions


Sunflowers


The Torre de Santiago, 16th century 

No comments:

Post a Comment