My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Friday, September 29, 2017

Mora 30 September

First today, public sculpture seems to be popular with those following me, so I've included some more examples from the streets of Tembleque. 

My walk today was 26 km or 16 miles, but there was a lot of elevation gain and loss compared to the last week of walking, which was mostly flat on the plains of La Mancha. Today much of it was through olive orchards hugging the hills and some of it was through farmed pine trees. I arrived here in Mora around 1 pm. Five hours of walking meant around 3+ miles per hour. As of yesterday and exactly one week of walking, I've covered 184 km or 114 miles.

After looking around town to find the albergue from the guidebook to be nonexistent, one hostal full, could not find the other two, I settled on the Hotel Los Conejos (The Rabbits Hotel). It is nice and I had the good menu del diĆ” from their restaurant downstairs- see photos below.

 

The first stork nest I've seen on this Camino


Don Quixote in Tembleque 


Another Don Quixote in Tembleque
  

A  cast relief with Don Quixote and Sancho



The first part of today's walk. I would later be walking through those hills in the distance.


The farmed pines


The olive trees in the hills


The walk into Mora unfortunately involved some on the carretera. This trucker was nice enough to pull over. Most don't. 


My first plate. A rice based salad. I need the carbs. 


My second plate. Bacalao (cod). After trying lots of bacalao on my last Camino, I had pretty much given up hope of finding any decent preparations. This tomato based one was worth it. The entire meal including a bottle of wine,  bottle of agua gaseosa (bubbly water) , and dessert of arroz con leche (rice pudding) was only 10 euro.

No comments:

Post a Comment