My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Zamora 13 September 2023



 Zamora. My actual walking starts tomorrow, but I spent the last  thirty or so hours getting it in place, getting up early for a five and an eight hour flight with a four hour layover in the middle and three hours of crappy sleep on the plane. After landing in Madrid, I hustled from the airport to the bus station on the Metro subway and made it with ten minutes to spare for the 3 1/2 hour ride to my starting point of Zamora. Had I been a few minutes later it was a 5 hour wait for the next bus. A shower, clothes washing, and grocery shopping left me ready to start tomorrow's walk. The albergue here in Zamora is one of my favorites and I've ended two Camino's, passed through once, and now now started a Camino here.

2 comments:

  1. We are very happy that you are starting a new Camino, the Zamora hostel is very beautiful, modern and functional. I suppose your first stage will be to Montamarta, 18.5 km. The Pilgrims hostel was where we stayed and it is fine. For the next stage, which is to Granja de Moreruela, we stayed in a private hostel called "DONDE VICTOR LUNA", very nice, comfortable and welcoming. From here the Sanabres begins. Buen Camino wishes you Vero and Luis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck John, good memories of Merida in 2022

    ReplyDelete