My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Lubian 20 September 2023

 Today's walk to Lubian was longer than I would like again at 18 miles with steep upgrade of over 1000 feet elevation gain mid walk. Also much was on the roadway which is never fun as you have to watch for cars and the hard surface is very hard on the feet and legs. Rain is predicted overnight ending at 9 am, so it may delay tomorrow's walk. No complaints as this is to be expected and the albergue here is nice and the menú del día at the restaurant was good (hint: melón)

Markers like these help us find the way, along with GPS
Signs like this to alert drivers that we are also on the road


Rural paths, too
Melon con jamon, delicious!


1 comment:

  1. Dear John nice pictures and everything you write makes me remember when I was there.
    Tomorrow your stage will be to agudiña with 25 km and the dificult will be 1, so won't present any dificult situación, the albergue it's nice.
    Take care and we wish you BUEN CAMINO.

    ReplyDelete