My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Saturday, September 16, 2023

Tabará 16 September 2023

 Sixteen miles today to Tabará. Overcast and windy with some sun, but walking into Tabará this afternoon it rained then poured after I arrived at the albergue, so I avoided getting soaked. The hospitelero is cooking us a common dinner tonight, I'll report later.

Sunrise 
Bridge over Rio Esla


Abandoned wine bodega 




2 comments:

  1. It is a very nice stage, it is very enjoyable, we stayed in the hostel located in the center of Tabara, we met very friendly and interesting people from the town. You will have a nice evening sharing dinner with the hospitaleros and pilgrims.
    Tomorrow the stage to Santa Marta de Tera follows with 23 km, with a difficulty rating of 2, which means that it is an easy stage to walk without any adversity.
    We stayed at the Santa Marta de Tera pilgrim albergue, it is centrally located, a comfortable albergue with everything you need to spend a good night.
    BUEN CAMINO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John, that abandoned bodega looked in good shape. If we’re younger I’d look into buying it and spending my retirement years in Spain. I’m really enjoying your trip. Thanks for sharing. Nanci Townsend

    ReplyDelete