My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Sunday, September 17, 2023

Calzadilla de Tera 17 September 2023

 The walk today was sixteen miles, but halfway through, I veered off the Camino path to make an alternate route of my own in order to bypass the next scheduled albergue and go on to another one farther down the Camino, but with the same walking distance. This route had a longer mountain portion as I walked from one farming  valley to the larger valley of the Rio Tera, some of the most beautiful and productive farmland in Spain.


Forest fire damage

View of valley of Rio Tera before descending 
Mountain path 
Wine bodega in active use
Tonight's albergue, senior Center downstairs, six bed albergue above with three of us in it 

1 comment:

  1. Buen Camino John, I didn't pass the town you mentión so, the only thing that I can soy is that wish tomorrow a good day walking anda BUEN CAMINO.

    ReplyDelete