My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Puebla de Sanabria 19 September 2023

 A longer 19 mile walk today to

Peras (pears) for dessert 
I finished all the trout, very good 
Trout 
Asparagus 
View of Publa de Sanabria from the new town below that has the albergue and the Rio Tera
Guidebook described this part shown here and the next few photos as an overgrown cow path, but it was a delightfully shaded walk




A nice garden in a village enroue

Puebla de Sanabria as the only intermediate accommodation was halfway through the walk and it  only 10:30 am at that point. Still I was able to finish after 6 1/2 hours walking with three five minute breaks and one fifteen minute stop at a bar for a café con leche. (Note to Julia: when I walk with Henry next year, we can break this up into a two day walk.) We are still following the Rio Tera, with another dam and reservoir along today's walk. Puebla de Sanabria has been here for a long time with it's old town strategically placed high above the river.







1 comment:

  1. Puebla de Sanabria a beatifull old town, tomorrow you wil walk to Lubian will be 29 km and 4 points of dificulty and we stay at the albergue de peregrinos de Lubian wich is a nice and a confortable albergue. BUEN CAMINO.

    ReplyDelete