My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Friday, September 15, 2023

Granja de Moreruerla 15 September 2023

 Another small farming town, Granja de Moreruerla








. The scenery on the fifteen mile walk was similar to yesterday's walk. The local bar/restaurant was typically Spanish with many local workingmen showing up for beer or wine on their extended midday break from work. Very noisy. Also ten of the eleven pilgrims from the albergue showed up for the menú del dià, I had the lentejas (lentil stew) for my primer plato and the pollo for my segundo plato, which I was glad that it had a large salad instead of French fries. Unfortunately, no melón, so I had a grocery store flan for dessert.

2 comments:

  1. Nice pictures, We also ate in the same restaurant, the food was very tasty and abundant, that Moreruela hostel is the municipal one, we stayed in Victor Donde.
    Tomorrow you will walk to Tabara and it will be 26 km.
    We stayed at the Tabara pilgrim hostel.
    BUEN CAMINO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That lentil soup looks incredible.

    ReplyDelete