My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Sunday, October 1, 2017

Toledo #2 1 October

It was nice to sleep a little later this morning with 9 1/2 hours of sleep followed by a simple breakfast of coffee and sweet muffins provided by the albergue. My first stop was the Museo El Greco, which was housed in a restored building near where he painted. Next stop was the Museo Santa Cruz, an old convent converted to an art museum, with emphasis on Spanish history. It also had many Grecos, including a special exhibit. I rested up and read for a while and had a beer at McDonald's. Don't laugh, they have a nice dining room upstairs where one can relax and they do sell beer. Don't worry, I did not have anything to eat there. My final stop was the Cathedral. Toledo has one of the largest cathedrals in Spain and it was mobbed by tourists. Still, it also has a large collection of El Greco paintings. Now, I'm back at the albergue, resting up the rest of the day for another long walk tomorrow.



A view of the Cathedral from street outside the albergue.


Tourist John at the Museo El Greco 


Museo El Greco


An El Greco painting in the Museo


A group of American bus tourists with ear buds and cowboy hats being herded across the Plaza Zocodover. 


Inside the Cathedral


Inside the Cathedral


Some details of the carved choir seats


More El Greco in the Cathedral


Another El Greco in the Cathedral

No comments:

Post a Comment