My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Sunday, October 8, 2017

Gotarrendura 7 October

It turns out there was no wif-fi at all available in Gotarrendura. I am posting this in a bar in Tinosillos as I have a late morning cafe con leche and bocadillo halfway through my day's walk.

The albergue in Ávila was very nice and I was the only person there last night. Today's walk again was 24 km or 14 1/2 miles. There was a good amount of both elevation gain and loss on the path.The first part was the same sort of boulder strewn pastureland and scrubby oaks that I had encountered the previous day's. The second half of the walk brought me out of those hills and down into relatively flatter farmland with much easier walking on the smoother farm roads. I should have this farmland all the way into Zamora.

 I got into Gotarrendura before 1 pm. There was no answer at the albergue's phone number, so I walked over to the ayuntamiento/Centro de Salud/bibliotheca building to find someone working there who was able to give me the key to the albergue. Once again it is very nice with a private courtyard. I am off soon to the only bar/restaurant in the village. They are supposed to have a midday meal at 2 pm, hopefully they will also have wi-fi to post this!


A fewe km out of Ávila.


Snack stop 


Walking through a pleasant oak grove




Starting to see some cultivated land again


The final steep hill to the farmland 




The last km into Gotarrendura 


Mother Teresa 


Another Mother  Teresa in the albergue's courtyard

No comments:

Post a Comment