My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Monday, October 2, 2017

Torrijos 2 October

Most of today's walk was on the carretera and not very inspiring or memorable. Walking out of a large city like Toledo always involves a few km of suburbs, which were ok. There was also a short stretch on the Rio Tajo. The farmland was mostly wheat, which is bare now. Very few grapes or other crops that I had previously seen. The walk was 20 miles or 33 km. The next few days will involve more elevation change (I.e., climbing). The albergue here in Torrijos is simple and adequate. It is municipal owned and I had to go to the mayor's office, where the secretary called the person with the keys, who came half an hour later to let me inside. So far at 5 pm, I am the only person here, but there could still be some bicycle pilgrims showing up.


Rio Tajo


Roadway walking


Crossing the Rió Guadarrama. 


Bare farmland between Nielves and Torrijos 


Waiting at the albergue 

No comments:

Post a Comment