My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Thursday, October 12, 2017

Zamora 12 October

My final day of walking was another long one, about 36 km or 22 miles. It is always a relief to finish a Camino, but also a little sadness knowing you will not be doing the same walk, eat, rest routine tomorrow. I am staying in the very nice albergue here in Zamora for the third time in the last four years. Hospitelero(a) run, it is one of the nicest on all the caminos. One hospitalero here is from Canada and has walked as many caminos as I have, so we spent a lot of time talking about our experiences. Tomorrow, my main walking will be to the the bus station to go to Madrid before flying home on Sunday. On this Camino, I walked 600 km. That is 372 miles in 20 walking days or 18.6 miles per day. Most was through relatively flat farm country, but there were a few days of pretty tough and steep/mountain walking.



Walking out of Toro this morning



Flat farm land along the Rio Duero


Walking into Villalazan 


Only 5 km to go!


Zamora in the distance.


City limits 


The path along the Duero


Walking across the Puente Piedra into Zamora 

 

The large building on the left is the cathedral


My second plate was merluza with some/kind of sauce or gravy and real (!) potatoes 

No comments:

Post a Comment