My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Wednesday, October 4, 2017

San Martin de Valdeiglesias 4 October

I did get into the mountains today.The first 9 km was upsloping farm and pastureland to Almorox, not too bad.I stopped there for my cafe con leche as nothing was open yet when I started at 7:45 this morning. The final 21 km was a bit daunting. The first half was a typical upgrade following a road through a foothill countryside of of small rural homes. However when I came to the border between the provincia de Toledo and the provinciab de Madrid, the arrows indicated a sharp right turn down a steep and freshly bulldozed right of way. I doubted it, but it turned out to be correct. It was well way marked, but the going was very rough most of the way into San Martin de Valdeiglesias, where I am spending the night at a hotel rural,as there are no albergues here.


Street mural in Escalona





The high point of today's walk 

The bulldozer cut for the new powerline. Very rough walking. 


Seems to be anew way to mark a camino trail. 

 

Goats on the way in to San Martin


Artichoke hearts stuffed with ham and garlic 


Salmon a la plancha


a great wine requires a madman to care for the vine, an intelligent man to watch over him, a lucid poet to do it, and a lover to drink it.

also: Wine is the only work of art that one can drink. We not only make wine, we create an illusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment