My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Friday, October 13, 2017

Madrid 13 October

I started the day with a simple breakfast provided by the albergue. The other pilgrims staying here were, of course, continuing on their Caminos. For me, it was a 1 km walk up to the bus station to purchase a ticket for Madrid. I was on the bus by its 9:30 departure for the three hour ride to Madrid. It was interesting to see from the bus some of the same paths that I had walked days before. 

I previously made reservations at a hostel in Madrid near the three art galleries, not knowing how crowded the city would be on the weekend and wanting to be sure of accommodation after my near miss inToledo. My favorite place to stay in Madrid, the Hostal Nieto, was unfortunately closed for remodeling. I arrived too early for the opening of the hostel at 3 pm, so walked to a restaurant close to the Prado, at which I had eaten 3 years ago, the Hotel Mora for a menu del dia. I am writing  this post as I finish up my meal here. I will check into the hostel and head over to the Prado at 6 pm as they are open then for two hours at no entry charge. I can view some of my favorites such as the Velasquez, Bosch, and El Greco paintings in their fabulous collection. 


The public library in Zamora, just around the corner from the albergue.


Street art (graffiti) in Zamora. 


Looking into the courtyard of the albergue from the street 


Leaving Zamora, view from the bus before leaving the station. 

No comments:

Post a Comment