My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Monday, September 22, 2014

Baños de Montemayor 22 September

Today was relatively easier at about 13 miles. But we are starting to get into the mountains separating Extremadura from Castilla y Leon, so the next two days there will be a lot of climbing and downslopes, plus with the spacing of the albergues it means some 18 mile days.

Most of the people I had been walking with are going at a slower pace. Of those I've met, only Georgio is still here at the albergue tonight. 

Some of the last of  the Extremadura landscape

This portion of the camino is the actual Roman Road

Only 569 km to go to Santiago (about 350 miles)

No comments:

Post a Comment