My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Salamanca 25 September

Today is kind of a rest day with an easy 12 mile walk into Salamanca. This city is a place of good memories as Kathy and I spent almost a week here in 2005. Then I was here for two days again in 2010. I arrived at the albergue around noon, but they do not open until 4, so I left my pack there and am reacquainting myself with the city this afternoon. 

Starting to get out of the hilly grazing country into flatter, cultivated land just before Salamanca

The sunflowers around here are pretty spindly and small compared to the ones at home


Walking across the river on the Puente Romana, the cathedral is in view in the background
Brass plates set into the pavement to show the way. I saw this one in 2010, today it helped me to find the way.

Don Quixote, where Kathy and I studied Spanish in 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment