My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Monday, September 15, 2014

Here I go again on my latest Camino

If its September, John must be leaving soon for another camino in Spain. I will fly to Madrid, arriving on September 17 for my fifth Camino in six years. This time I plan to walk at least 400 miles and on a different route than previously. I plan to start farther south, in the city of Caceres in the province of Extremadura. I will walk the Via de la Plata north through Salamanca and to just beyond Zamora where I will continue on the Camino Sanabres through Ourense and on to Santiago de Compostela.

This 65 year old guy has been preparing by doing a lot of walking around Woodland on the levees of Cache Creek, Yolo Bypass, Ridge Cut Slough, and Sacramento River. Yesterday I just finished a typical and dusty nine mile walk through the Cache Creek settling basin and up Cache Creek back to our house in 90 degree plus heat.

I will try to post daily on my walk, but may miss a day here and there when I can not find internet access. For those who already follow my blog, you should continue to receive an email each time I post. For those who are not yet following my blog, it is easy to do so. Just enter your email at the "Follow by Email" link on the main page of this blog. You will receive an email notification each time I post and, don't worry, you will not be added to anyone's spam marketing list. If you want to comment on any of my posts, please feel free to do so.

Finally, I would like to thank in advance the person who makes this all possible, my loving wife, Kathy. She continues to work full time at her job plus take care of my my business while I am gone, in order for me to be able pursue my passion for walking long distances day after day.

No comments:

Post a Comment