My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Granja de Moreruela 28 September

Today was my last day on the Via de la Plata. It is in this village that the Camino splits into two routes. The Via de la Plata continues north to Astorga, where it intersects with the Camino Frances. This is the starting point for the Camino Sanabres, which starts out heading west to Orense and on to Santiago; this is the route that I will take.

I walked 23 miles today, 7 1/2 hours worth, in clear and fairly cool weather. I just added up the mileage for my 11 days of walking and it comes in at an even 200 miles for an average of 18.2 miles per day.

I promised a report on last night's pilgrim dinner. It was vegetarian and prepared by our Italian hospiteleras. The soup was the best- garbanzos, lentils, millet, along with carrots, broccoli and other vegetables and topped with cheese and bread. Main course was a cauliflower casserole, lettuce and carrot salad, for dessert, melon with pomegranate. The atmosphere was very nice in that albergue. By contrast tonight's is much more impersonal, no kitchen, no dining room, just the basics: beds, showers, bathrooms, and a place to wash clothes. Oh well, at least I found the city hall across the street has free wifi.

The vegetable soup

The dinner

A selfie of my mid trail snack , orange juice and tortilla

An old church on the wau

New highway construction always makes for London detours

No comments:

Post a Comment