My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Caceres 17 September

After starting out over 24 hours ago in Woodland,I am now in Caceres Spain, with only a few hours of poor quality sleep. Several delays in my flight to Atlanta, meant that I barely caught my flight to Madrid. Even more surprisingly, my checked backpack made it, too. After a Metro ride to Estacion Sur in Madrid, I then send four hours on the bus to Caceres. All went well, but I am tired, so hopefully will sleep well tonight. The private albergue here has only two other walkers and I have a room to myself. It has rained off and on today, sometimes hard. Tomorrow may be more clear, but more rain predicted Friday and Saturday. Ugh, walking in the rain is necessary but not pleasant. I will start my walk tomorrow, planning on 31 km if all goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment