My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Sunday, October 13, 2019

Modúbar de la Emparedada 13 October 2019



Ideal walking surface, smooth gravel, no big rockd
Lots of wind machines

An old two way plow

Turning alfalfa to condition it for baling

Midday meal: pasta with chorizo, cold gazpacho soup, calamari, tomatoes, cucumbers, and jamón drizzled in olive oil

After my post yesterday a South Korean pilgrim showed up at the albergue. He had walked two stages of over 50 km in one day. I don't know how he did it! I decided to split today's stage to Burgos into two days, since I have a day to spare in my schedule. I walked 14 miles (24 km) today which leaves about 8 miles for tomorrow.
My guidebook lists a Casa Rural with restaurant in this village. I walked up to it and rang the doorbell. It definitely is not a restaurant anymore and I'm not even sure if it is still a Casa Rural, but the couple in their late 70's is letting me stay here (rooms are still set up as a casa rural)  and invited me to share their midday meal with them. We just finished the meal and it had to be the best of this Camino. All the cucumbers, tomatoes, and melon were fresh from their garden. What an unexpected treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment