My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Saturday, October 12, 2019

Mercerreyes 12 October 2018



Not a lot to report today. A lot of ups and downs with no net elevation change. I walked 25 km or 15 miles. 35 km are left ti Burgos and I may split it into two days.
Another sleepy little village here but at least they have an albergue and a bar. The albergue at 21 beds is the largest on the Ruta de la Lana. The Ruta has also been the same as the Camino El Cid the past few days. El Cid is as much a legend in this area as Don Quixote is in the La Mancha region. I was surprised to find a family of eight checked into the albergue. With suitcases, etc, they are obviously not pilgrims. I guess the woman who runs this albergue saw it as an opportunity too good to pass up to collect the albergue fees from those eight people in one shot.


A Shepherd and his dogs and sheep

El Cid


No comments:

Post a Comment