My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Friday, October 10, 2014

Silleda 10 October

16 miles today, with one more night before Santiago. I decided to treat myself to my own room in the private albergue here. I will have to note that last night's Xunta albergue was very nice with only six of us peregrinos. That is, until a bus load of 50+ Spanish high school students showed up for the night in a place designed for only half that many. They took most of the beds out of our room (at least they did not mix them in with us). I know I'm an old fogey, but those kids were clanging and banging and yelling well after 11 pm. I guess they were on a school field trip to study pilgrimage, but most peregrinos are quiet and considerate after 9 or 10 pm. Oh well, I figure I deserve my own quiet room tonight!

A typical view on today's walk. Just coming around the corner into another little village.


The wet, warm weather has brought a profusion of mushrooms out along the trail. Don't worry, I am not tempted to try any


Walking into Silleda, here's where to buy your Lamborghini tractor.

Or your very own new windmill (Molino de viento)


My own room for a night, even has a little balcony seating area!


My menú del diá featured my first caldo Gallego of this trip. Lots of liquid, no hint of meat beyond the stock. It was delicious and I need to try it this way when I get home.

Second plate was macaroni and meat with tomato sauce. A good high carb meal for a walker.


No comments:

Post a Comment