My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Mombuey 1 October

16 miles today and the countryside is starting to change as we near Galicia. I made a midmorning coffee stop at a private albergue in Vilar de Farfón and the hospitelero said that there are distinct geological changes coming up in the next two days as I enter Galicia, such as changes in the rock formations, including more slate, which seems to be non existent farther south. Plus, the bars are now serving Estrella Galicia beer, which I like better than the Mahou commonly available farther south. I walked into Mombuey about 1:30 and was concerned whether the albergue would be opened, but the door was unlocked and no one was there, so I went in and showered then washed my clothes. As I compose my blog, I am eating a menú del dia down the street. Joe, the walker from Northern Ireland just walked in and will have a bocadillo and a beer.



The fertile valley of the Río Tera

Walking around the reservoir above the valley

The changing landscape. Lots of rocks, less trees here.

Walking into Mombuey, I saw my first slate covered building, which will become more and more common.

A good ensalada mixta for my primer plato, with lots of yummy tuna.

No comments:

Post a Comment