My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Caldes de Reis

A wet, wet 14 mile walk today. I was expecting rain today, even though there were only a few drops as I left Pontevedra. But it started drizzling more and more until it was a pretty good downpour about 90 minutes into the walk. Luckily after getting pretty soaked, I did walk into a small village with an open bar, perfect stop for a cafe con leche while waiting for the rain to lighten up. Started walking with just a drizzle, but all the rest of the walk, it rained, sometimes lightly, sometimes a downpour. During one downpour, I waited it out on someone's front porch. I hope they didn't mind. So when I walked into Caldas, I saw that the Hostal Moderna has a pilgrim special for 15€. Can't beat that for a private room and I really wanted to get out of the rain and dry out. Right now I am having a menu of the day at the cafeteria down the street. Cundi, I posted some photos of my meal!

This was my view out of the little bar/café as it was pouring rain. Not much fun to walk in!

My sopa

My bacalao. Mmmmm, delicioso.

No comments:

Post a Comment