My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Laza 5 October

No accommodations in between, so I had to walk 35 km or 21 miles today. And it was spectacular scenery as I continue to walk up and down these mountains. It was only about 300 m  (900 ft) elevation gain today, but about 1000 m (3000 ft) elevation drop which sounds good, but the steep drop is harder on the feet and the knees. My feet are sore, tomorrow I will walk 23 km, but there is a 500 m elevation gain, followed by 300 m drop. I will let the photos show the rest of the story for today's walk.

It was very foggy and cool starting out this morning


Mountains


The reservoir below


Good thing Kathy was not driving this narrow mountain road with no guardrail. That is the construction of the Galician high speed rail in the distance.


More mountains


Even so most of the walk was on on two lane roads, I don't think more than five cars passed by in the last five hours of walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment