My Camino Route in 2023

My Camino Route in 2023
This year (2023), I will be walking my tenth Camino in thirteen years. This time I plan to walk the Camino Sanabres from Zamora to Lalin, the the Camino Invierno from Ponferrada to Santiago. The route is shown with the red line on the map.

Sunday, October 8, 2023

Santiago 8 October 2023

 Six miles to the Cathedral in Santiago today and my Camino is over. It was 350 miles total in a bit under four weeks. It was surprisingly farm and forest land to within  two miles of the end. I visited the cathedral and took in an exhibition of Lorca, my favorite Spanish poet. Kathy said to get a good meal, so I went to Galeon de la Raina, where I've eaten before. Off to Madrid tomorrow and home on Tuesday. Adiós, hope you've enjoyed the trip!





Plaza San Roque 

Ensalada mixta and Pimientos de Padrón 
Zorza: marinated pork tenderloin 


2 comments:

  1. Dear John, it gives me enormous pleasure to know that you finally arrived in Santiago, after a long Camino with its inherent difficulty, you achieved your goal once again and made that Pilgrim's dream come true, and I rewarded you with that delicious meal. Surely now you have mixed feelings, wanting to get there but at the same time wishing that it won't end and on the other hand the nostalgia of leaving the Camino and heading home.
    Vero and I congratulate you and send you a big hug with all our appreciation. Now the next path is already in your mind.
    BUEN CAMINO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A most enjoyable account! Thank you for taking me along.

    ReplyDelete